The South African SKA Project will accept applications from:
- South African citizens;
- Students who wish to study, or are studying, one of the following diplomas:
- National Diploma in Electronics, at the Theory Level
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, at the Theory Level
- Electronic Engineering, at the Work Integrated Learning level
- Mechanical Engineering, at the Work Integrated Learning level; and
- Students who have achieved a minimum of 60% in Mathematics and Physical Science in Grade 12, or a minimum average of 60% for the theory courses.