All appropriately qualified and experienced supervisors from South African universities, and relevant universities in SKA SA Partner Countries in Africa, are invited to submit research project proposals for Doctoral and Masters level research for 2018, in any of the following areas:
- Radio Pulsar and Fast-Transient science, instrumentation and data analysis (including realtime RFI detection).
- Real-time Signal Processing instrumentation for Radio Astronomy, specifically using FPGA and GPU platforms.
- Big Data topics, including the development of hardware (e.g. Micro-servers and data storage solutions).
- Instrumentation and data analysis for Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) detection, analysis and archival.
- Science topics that involve the exploitation of MeerKAT capabilities projected to be available by 2019. Multiwavelength projects will be considered that are directly linked to approved MeerKAT Large Survey Projects.
- Epoch of Reionization and Intensity Mapping data reduction and analysis.
- Interferometric Data Processing and Analysis, including calibration and imaging.
- C-BASS South data processing and C-BASS all-sky data analysis.
- Radio Astronomy antennas and receivers.