Permanent position Market Related salary
About the Position
Join our finance team, we have an opportunity for a Finance Assistant. The role entails administrative support function to the Finance and Supply Chain Management team. Processing of purchase orders on the system daily and arranging of courier services both locally and internationally. You will be responsible to manage the stationary supplies. The successful incumbent will report to the Accountant.
Minimum education requirement:
- Grade 12 / Matric
Minimum work experience required:
- 1 year in an office/ finance environment.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, etc.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- checking all required supporting documents are attached and match the RFO and ensure that supporting documents are authorised by the delegated cost centre manager.
- input and create commitment in Great Plains of purchases of equipment, consumables and services.
- load all printed purchase orders on the drive for finance officer(s and file.
- check stock levels and hand weekly.
- ordering procurement to fill stock levels.
- handle and file financial paperwork.
- matching of purchase orders with invoices for processing and payment.
- activate staff, sundry and foreign suppliers details by loading banking details on CSD and to be roll down for payment via the cashbook in the financial system.
- collating all invoices and matching it with the completed authorised PRF.
- ensure that all invoices are signed off by Senior Finance Manager prior capturing it on the financial system
- arrangement of courier with its relevant accounting requirements
- ensure that all application forms for credit for new suppliers are completed correctly, signed off by the delegated authority and accompanied with the necessary supporting documents when submitted to the supplier.
- from time to time ad-hoc duties will need to be performed across the finance team as when required.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal qualities:
- certificate or diploma in office administration or finance
- computer literate in MS Office, Great Plains
- good administrative skills
- must have attention to detail
- good time management skills will be inherent
- be able to work under pressure
- ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- numeracy and analytical skills
- effective verbal and written communication skills
- flexible, handling numerous tasks simultaneously
- good organisational skills
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies: Ability to:
- work under pressure & meet deadlines
- communicate effectively (both written and verbal)
- multitask and work independently
- think and process information logically
- support finance team
- process purchase orders
- liaising with couriers
- accounting principles
About The Employer
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) spearheads South Africa’s activities in the Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope, commonly known as the SKA, in engineering, science and construction. SARAO is a National Facility managed by the National Research Foundation and incorporates radio astronomy instruments and programmes such as the MeerKAT and KAT-7 telescopes in the Karoo, the Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO) in Gauteng, the African Very Long Baseline Interferometry (AVN) programme in nine African countries as well as the associated human capital development and commercialisation endeavours.
As a business unit of the NRF, SARAO is committed to employment equity and redress.
Type of employment: Permanent
SARAO reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification