Market Related salary
Closing Date: 14 November 2018
About the Position
SARAO has an exciting career opportunity for a Human Resources Practitioner to join the team. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing end-to-end HR value-adding service to Line Management and Employees.
Minimum education requirement:
- A three-year National Diploma in Human Resources (NQF6)
Minimum work experience required:
- 5 years related experience with a minimum of two years’ demonstrable in a generalist capacity
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Advising, coaching and supporting line managers and staff on the full range of HR functions and services: implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and safety awareness, training and development, records management, Employment Equity compliance, and labour relations; completing personnel transactions and managing expat/ permanent residency applications.
- Undertaking specific projects, in consultation with HR Consultants, to facilitate HR activities and enhance client service.
- Completing personnel transactions and managing expat/ permanent residency applications.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analysing information; recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluation potential solutions; implementing selected solutions; coaching and counselling managers and employees.
- Manages client expectations by communication queries and issues; resolving concerns.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data and trends.
- Protects the organisation’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with South African Labour legislation and legal requirements; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Enhances department and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- use influence and persuasion to further HR goals
- work under minimum supervision
- communicate on all levels (junior staff and senior management)
- display initiative and creativity
- work on tight deadlines
- evidence of ability to work independently and as part of a team
- advising line managers on best practices and legislative requirements
- HR administration
- good working and theoretical knowledge of current legislation and HR policies
- recruitment in a technical environment
- career development principles
- current trends and best practises in human resources practises
- human resources industry trends
- industrial relations
- recruitment processes
About The Employer
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) spearheads South Africa’s activities in the Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope, commonly known as the SKA, in engineering, science and construction. SARAO is a National Facility managed by the National Research Foundation and incorporates radio astronomy instruments and programmes such as the MeerKAT and KAT-7 telescopes in the Karoo, the Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO) in Gauteng, the African Very Long Baseline Interferometry (AVN) programme in nine African countries as well as the associated human capital development and commercialisation endeavours.
As a business unit of the NRF, SARAO is committed to employment equity and redress
Type of employment: Permanent