Permanent Intermediate EE position Market Related salary
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- To be the “owner’s engineer” or Supervisor (as defined in the NEC4: Engineering and Construction Contract 2017)
- To take full responsibility for the technical oversight and management of the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of systems and products, which includes: * Ensure the manufacturability and constructability of the proposed designs. * Compiling procurement specifications and the associated tender material in support of Supply Chain Management processes. * Assessing and accepting delivered products and items against specifications. * Overseeing the technical elements of construction and Email Addressseeing the execution of any required testing and permitting for construction equipment and system products. * Implementing and delivering fully functional, commissioned systems and products on site. * Establishing baselines and design configurations of the system under development, including preparing and implementing engineering changes to the baselines. * Ensuring that the “as-designed” functionality and quality of systems and products is carried over to the “as-built” state.
- To serve as the liaison between design engineering and project management.
- To provide the engineering inputs and support to the Project Manager for project planning and management.
- To serve as the liaison between the project engineering team (EPC) and the system owner.
- Provide “field engineering” services at system, sub-system and product level to aid in fault diagnostics and rectification
- Contribute to the organisational maturity through the maintenance and upgrade of engineering processes within his/her realm of responsibility.
Minimum education required:
- B.Eng/ B.Sc. in Engineering
Minimum work experience required:
- 5 years’ relevant experience
Desirable additional education, work experience & personal qualities:
- excellent interpersonal skills and leadership
- recognised competence in the application of systems engineering in a particular discipline or domain.
- experience in Project Management in a construction environment
- systems engineering and Project Management modules at postgraduate level
- conceptual / systems thinking.
- analytical problem-solving skills
- communicate effectively in English (both written and verbally)
- Project Management in construction in environment is required
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- excellent interpersonal skills to influence engineering attitudes and systems design for operational environments
- execute project engineering on a primary system across multiple domains while supporting product development
- contribute to-or-lead the evolution and implementation of improved engineering processes
- perform detail engineering tasks and analysis, applying theory and practical experience
- undertake engineering actions in the lifecycle phases of the system under development with a strong ability to address the “ilities” of system design
- coach and mentor young engineers in the field of engineering and project engineering
- application and control of systems engineering processes and procedures
- baseline establishment and management
- applied systems engineering – across the multiple lifecycle stages of system or product and at all levels systems (L5) of the systems hierarchy
- use of computer-aided systems engineering tools (e.g. CORE)
- NEC3/4 (engineering and construction contract)
- quality assurance systems (ISO9001)
- government procurement practices and regulations (PFMA/PPPF)
- domain knowledge of systems engineering, technology, and/or software based on experience SE methods, procedures, tools and techniques
- configuration management and configuration management systems
- Systems Engineering standards, e.g. ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288 & 15289, ISO/IEC/IEEE 26702, ANSI/EIA-632