Permanent Senior position Market Related salary
Minimum education requirement:
- BTech/ BCOM in Supply Chain Management or Procurement
- CIPS qualification would be advantageous
Minimum work experience required:
- 5 year’s work experience in Supply Chain Management procurement environment, the role including SCM compliance with applicable laws and regulations, acquisition of goods/ services, works and suppliers accreditation, contract management and demand management.
- Thorough knowledge of National Treasury Regulations applying to public entities, PPPFA regulations &PFMA, and National Treasury instruction notes.
- Experience in dealing with Infrastructural tenders.
- Be able advice bids specification Committee important aspect on foreign procurement.
- Comprehensive knowledge, understanding and practical experience of PFMA, SCM, Treasury regulations PPPFA and other Legislations.
- Able to demonstrate Comprehensive knowledge of public sector SCM legislative environment.
- Be able to conduct workshops on new SCM developments.
- Lead the implementation of the supply chain strategy for the SARAO and ensure its uniform implementation across the business.
- Highly administrative and experience in effective tender filling system.
- Highly experience in contract management and NEC contract and general condition of contracts.
- Valid drivers licence Code 8/ B is essential.
Duties additional education, education, work experience & personal qualities:
- Ability to demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making, and a hands on approach
- Computer literate with good Excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer Literacy
- Google Docs and Power point
- Customer service orientation
- Be able to work in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent administration skills
- Conflict management
- High level of integrity
- Good Listening skills
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies: Ability to:
- administer supply chain management variables within databases
- communicate supply chain management concepts and principles to internal customers
- conclude high-level negotiations within company mandates
- reviewing budgets for a supply chain management function
- leading negotiations and/or contract administration
- basic negotiation and/or contract administration
- PFMA, SCM, Treasury regulations PPPFA and other regulation
About The Employer
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) spearheads South Africa’s activities in the Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope, commonly known as the SKA, in engineering, science and construction. SARAO is a National Facility managed by the National Research Foundation and incorporates radio astronomy instruments and programmes such as the MeerKAT and KAT-7 telescopes in the Karoo, the Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO) in Gauteng, the African Very Long Baseline Interferometry (AVN) programme in nine African countries as well as the associated human capital development and commercialisation endeavours.
As a business unit of the NRF, SARAO is committed to employment equity and redress.
Type of employment: Permanent
SARAO reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification